- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw, ginger, green onion, honey and vinegar. Let stand at room temperature while preparing salmon. Stir occasionally to keep vegetables coated with marinade.
- Chop salmon into 1/4- to 1/2-inch pieces using a knife or a food processor (don’t pulverize) and place in a medium bowl. Add onion, parsley, paprika, cayenne, bread crumbs and egg. Stir gently to combine. Shape salmon mixture into 4 patties.
- Lightly coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray. Heat over medium heat until hot. Grill or cook patties, 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Serve salmon burgers with slaw.
- Suggestion: Serve burgers with roasted potatoes or on buns with tomato or red pepper slices.
per serving: 260 calories, 7g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 100mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 12g sugars, 28g protein