philly italian cheese steak sandwich
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 2 servings, 1/2 sandwich each
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 portions Steak-Umm® steaks
- 1 (8-inch) hoagie roll
- 1 oz. reduced-fat provolone cheese (about 1 slice)
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium skillet, cook Steak-Umm steaks over medium heat.
- Drain fat, and add peppers and onions to skillet, cooking for 3-5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add meat and veggie mixture to hoagie roll, and top with cheese.
- Place sandwich on a foil lined baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted and roll is slightly toasted.
- Cut sandwich in half, and serve with a side of marinara sauce.
- Enjoy with apple slices or grapes.
per serving: 270 calories, 15g fat, 6g saturated fat, 35mg cholesterol, 440mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 5g sugars, 13g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.