pasta with ham and green beans
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 30 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 2 cups each
- 8 oz spaghetti
- 16 oz fresh, frozen or canned (no salt added) green beans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cubed ham
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Drain and keep warm. Microwave or cook green beans until tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, pepper and milk. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat, add onion and cook until tender and translucent. Add milk mixture to skillet and cook, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly. Add cubed ham to sauce and heat through.
- Plate out spaghetti, top with beans and pour sauce over. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garnish with chopped parsley.
per serving: 440 calories, 9g total fat, 4g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 640mg sodium, 66g carbohydrates, 5g dietary fiber, 23g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.