- Sprinkle gelatin over water in a cup. Let stand 2 minutes. In small saucepan, heat 1/2 cup buttermilk and 1/4 cup sugar over medium heat until sugar dissolves, about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in gelatin. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 2 minutes or until gelatin dissolves. Remove saucepan from heat, stir in remaining buttermilk and the vanilla.
- Lightly oil 4 ramekins or custard cups. Pour buttermilk mixture into each. Place ramekins in a pan, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Combine 2/3 of the blackberries, 1 tablespoon sugar, lemon zest and nutmeg. Heat in a small saucepan or microwave until sugar dissolves and berries soften. Strain to remove seeds. Refrigerate sauce until ready to serve.
- To unmold and serve, carefully dip bottom of each ramekin in hot water for about 1 minute. Run tip of knife around edge of each ramekin. Invert onto individual plate and carefully lift off ramekin (shake or tap gently to release).
- Spoon berry sauce around each panna cotta and garnish with remaining berries and mint sprigs.
- *If preparing for a gluten-free diet, make sure all ingredients are labeled gluten-free
per serving: 140 calories, 1g fat, 1g saturated fat, 5mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 24g sugars, 7g protein