prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
ready in: 25 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 12 ounces each
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons minced shallots
- 14.5 oz. can whole peeled tomatoes with juices (no-salt added)
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce (no-salt added)
- 1 Tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lb sea scallops, cut crosswise in half
- 8 oz. linguine
- Cook linguini al dente according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, add garlic and shallots, saute for 1 minute.
- Chop tomatoes, stir in tomatoes and juice, tomato sauce, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in scallops and continue to gently cook about 5 minutes, only until scallops are cooked through.
- Drain pasta and divide evenly among four warm pasta bowls (about 1 cup each).
- Top with scallops mixture.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: Serving suggestion: Serve with tossed green salad and Italian bread.
per serving: 290 calories, 7g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 20mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 43g carbohydrates, 4g dietary fiber, 15g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.