grilled tuna with cucumber-ginger salsa
prep time: 10 minutes + marinate time
cook time: 6 minutes
ready in: 1 hour, 16 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 6 oz. each
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 (4 oz.) tuna fillets
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon pickled ginger for sushi, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- In a shallow dish combine soy sauce, lemon juice and oil. Add fillets; cover and refrigerate 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Coat grill rack with nonstick cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high (350°F–400°F). For the salsa, in a medium bowl combine cucumber, avocado, onion, ginger, lime juice and cilantro; toss to combine. Set aside.
- Remove fillets from marinade; discard marinade. Grill fillets 3–5 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Top fillets with salsa, and serve.
per serving: 225 calories, 11g fat, 2g saturated fat, 50mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 1g sugars, 25g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.