- Combine ginger, allspice, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, thyme, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Place chicken in a glass or ceramic dish, coat both sides of chicken with the spice mix. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, combine lime juice and zest, oil, honey and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Add bananas and strawberries to bowl and toss to coat with glaze. Thread banana slices crosswise onto skewers, alternating with strawberries. Save remaining glaze.
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Cook chicken for 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Place fruit skewers on grill and cook for about 2-3 minutes, just until fruit has grill marks. Brush with reserved glaze and turn skewers to grill other sides of fruit.
- Serve chicken with grilled fruit and garnish with scallions.
- Suggestion: Add steamed rice and a garden salad to complete the meal.
per serving: : 240 calories, 6g fat, 1.5g saturated fat, 65mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 13g sugars, 24g protein