chocolate almond coconut bars
prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 35 minutes
ready in: 50 minutes
makes: 24 servings, 1 square each
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk (carton)
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3/4 cup coconut (palm) sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (dark chocolate or dairy-free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut milk, almond extract and coconut sugar.
- In another bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour and baking soda. Mix dry ingredients into wet. Stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Pour into an 11 x 7.5-inch baking dish coated with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with coconut and remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 35 minutes. Let cool for 1 hour, cut and enjoy!
per serving: 100 calories, 5g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 30mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 13g carbohydrates, 1g dietary fiber, 12g sugars, 2g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.