butterflied leg of lamb
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 60 minutes
ready in: 1 hour 10 minutes
makes: 6 servings
- 1 leg of lamb, 4-5 lbs, boned and butterflied
- 1/2 cup Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 2 cups grapes
- Combine Italian dressing, pineapple juice, garlic and hot sauce.
- Place lamb leg in glass dish or plastic bag, add marinade, turning to coat. Cover tightly and marinate in refrigerator 3-4 hours. Remove from marinade, reserve marinade.
- Thread 2 long metal skewers through lamb to secure and facilitate turning roast.
- Place lamb leg on grid over moderately hot coals and grill to desired degree of doneness, 150°F for medium rare and 160°F for medium well. Allow 40-60 minutes total cooking time depending on doneness desired. Turn leg several times during cooking. Combine reserved marinade with barbecue sauce. Heat to boiling.
- Brush leg with sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking time. Garnish with grapes.
per serving: 220 calories, 11g total fat, 75mg cholesterol, 300mg sodium, 6g carbohydrates, 24g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.