baked salmon with pesto
prep time: 15 minutes cook time: 15 minutes ready in: 30 minutes makes: 6 servings, 6 oz. each
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 8 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 fresh salmon fillets (4-5 oz. each)
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place 1/4 cup almonds and garlic cloves in a food processor and pulse until well chopped. Add basil and pulse until chopped. While the machine is running, gradually add 6 tablespoons oil and process until smooth. Add the salt and process until combined. Use immediately, or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse fish well and pat dry. Make three diagonal scores in the top of each fillet and season well with pepper.
- Arrange fillets in an oiled baking dish; drizzle remaining 2 tablespoons oil and wine over the top, and bake for 10 minutes; if looking dry, add a little more wine.
- Top fillets with the almond pesto and place under broiler for 5 more minutes. Garnish with the sliced, toasted almonds.
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.