baked caribbean lime tilapia
prep time: 10 minutes
cook time: 10 minutes
ready in: 20 minutes
makes: 4 servings, 3 oz. each
- 4 tilapia fillets, about 1 lb. total
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel or zest
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray an 8 x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mix lime peel and juice, canola oil, garlic, pepper sauce, pepper and salt together in a small bowl.
- Place tilapia in prepared dish, in a single layer, turning under thin edges.
- Evenly spread sauce over each fillet.
- Bake, uncovered, about 10–14 minutes or until fish is opaque and flakes.
- Suggestion: Serve with yellow rice and steamed baby carrots.
per serving: 140 calories, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, 23g protein
The nutritional content of recipes is calculated by a registered dietitian. Because ingredients and measurements may vary, the values we give are close approximations.