Kid Healthy Activities
We should all aim to get at least 1 hour of exercise every day. Even though I love baseball, sometimes I want to try something different! Here are some of my favorite ways to stay active whether I'm playing outside or staying indoors.
- Set up an obstacle course and time your friends to see who can finish the fastest
- Get up off the couch and get moving with an exercise video game
- Invite friends over to play Capture the Flag, Red Light/Green Light or Simon Says
- Plan a scavenger hunt
- Host a dance party
- Go ice-skating or roller-skating
- Take a field trip to an indoor pool, rock climbing wall or laser tag arcade
- Practice yoga. Click here for a few poses to help get you started.
- Take a martial arts or dance class
Try these fun football drills:
- TARGET DRILL: Set up a circle-shaped target in your yard, like a tire or hula hoop and, standing about 10 yards away, see how many tries it takes to get the ball in the circle 5 times in a row. Then, back up about 5 steps!
- BACKPEDAL DRILL: Place two cones about 20 yards apart and, keeping your knees high and your shoulders forward, run backwards as fast as you can. Once you practice a few times, see if you can catch the ball while running!